The Role of SABDA
Discovering that someone you love and care for is suffering from a severe and enduring mental illness can be devastating.
SABDA was established in 1991 as a support group for carers and mentally ill people.
Our committee and members understand only too well how inadequate, afraid and lonely one can feel.
Our support group meetings are there for you to listen, learn and share; and help is available by calling our helpline numbers.
SABDA is based at Tara Hospital in Sandton, in the greater Johannesburg area of Gauteng Province, South Africa.
What you can expect from SABDA
- Practical and helpful advice.
- Calm, caring and compassionate support.
- Advice on management of mental illness.
- Updated information on all mental health matters.
- Advice on crisis management.
- Reciprocal liaison with other support groups and other mental health organisations throughout South Africa and abroad.
- Education and information sharing for the general public to destigmatise mental illness and elicit their support.