Wikipedia has the following to say about Oncology:
Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with cancer. A medical professional who practices oncology is an oncologist.
Oncology is concerned with:
· The diagnosis of any cancer in a person
· Therapy (e.g., surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and other modalities)
· Follow-up of cancer patients after successful treatment
· Palliative care of patients with terminal malignancies
· Ethical questions surrounding cancer care
· Screening efforts:
o of populations, or
o of the relatives of patients (in types of cancer that are thought to have a hereditary basis, such as breast cancer)
If there are any errors in the above information, please notify us via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
www.sadoctors.co.za - South Africa's premier interactive site for all medical doctors, specialists, dentists, psychologists, hospitals, clinics and allied medical services in Cape Town, Western Cape, Johannesburg and Pretoria, Gauteng, Durban, KZN and the rest of South Africa.