The Cancer Association of South Africa - Western Cape (CANSA)
CANSA Western Cape is part of the Southern Business Unit of CANSA which incorporates the Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Cape Provinces and is governed by a Unit Council who actively seek to achieve the Mission of the Cancer Association of South Africa.
• by offering unifying, accountable, contemporary and dynamic leadership;
• through evaluation and ratification of the business and strategic plans and monitoring their execution;
• supporting the development and successful management of staff;
• supporting the development and successful operation of volunteer programmes;
• developing, ratifying and monitoring policy in relation with the Executive Manager, staff and volunteers and within the national framework.
Our Unit Council reflects the people of the Southern Business Unit but it also reflects the business skills of the organisation.
The positive relationship between the staff and Council members has resulted in Council members actively being involved in opening of doors for the organisation and having an identifiable face in the communities that we serve. This will remain an important task for Council to sustain its support to the staff of the organisation.
Our Council Members are all volunteers and members of the organisation. Membership is open to anyone wanting to join the fight against cancer and make a contribution to the invaluable work that CANSA does in all communities in the Western Cape. It will ensure that you are kept abreast of CANSA developments through our Unit Annual Report and newsletters. If you would like to become a member, kindly contact your nearest CANSA office.
The Southern Business Unit has one Unit Office, Nine Regional offices and six sub-offices. Each office is responsible for serving and promoting awareness in its surrounding community.