|Qualifications:||Psych ( Hons); M.A. (Clin. Psych.) (Stell.) Diplomate: Clinical Hypnosis|
|Area:||West Beach, Blouberg, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
|Physical Address:||2 Winchester Road, West Beach, Cape Town, South Africa|
|Postal Address:||2 Winchester Road, West Beach, 7441, South Africa|
|Phone:||+27 (0)21 554 5310|
|Fax:||+27 (0)21 554 5315|
|Contact Person:||James Weideman|
|GPS Co-Ordinates:||-33.807324, 18.481423|
James Weideman - Clinical Christian Psychologists - Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Please click here to access a document outlining the coaching courses being provided by James Weideman.
I am a Christian Psychologist and although I have been practicing psychology for more than 20 years, I still find tremendous joy from my work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Psych (Hons); M. A. (Clin. Psych.) – 6 years
· Diplomate: Clinical Hypnosis – 6 years part time
· I am a qualified and registered Clinical Psychologist (1984 – University Stellenbosch) with more than 20 years of Clinical experience. In Private Practice for the past 15 years (in Blouberg). I am also married with 2 children and live in Bloubergstrand.
· I received specialized training in the U.S.A.; presented at an International Conferences and attended various International Conferences.
· I was a National Trainer for SASCH (The S.A. Society for Clinical Hypnosis) and also trained for MEISA (Milton Erickson Association of S.A.)
My experiences include:
-Trained Intern Psychologists;
The Chamber of Mines: developed and worked in an EAP-Clinic.
The past +/- 18 years in Private Practice.
HOW I WORK:
Apart from a therapist, I am also an academic and have acquired various specialized qualifications in:
· CBT: Cognitive Behavior Therapy
· Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): Research proves its effectiveness for reduction in depressive relapse risk as well as symptom relief in anxiety disorders for adults and children.
Also reduction of anxiety in Bipolar Patients
I found MBCT extremely useful for the management of obsessions (like ruminating thoughts) in OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
· Marital- and Sex Therapy: Note! Dating and Relationships Coaching
· EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
· “Inner-child” Therapy: Various gentle, specialized approaches to help the hurt “inner child” heal & grow.
· Ego-State Therapy: (See next page: More on)
· S.E. or Somatic Experiencing: Teaches you that you don’t have to be scared of your emotions. How your BODY PROCESSES trauma & emotions.
· Schema Mode Therapy: Developed by Jeff Young to help patients who did not respond to brief Cognitive Therapy Methods. Especially Personality problems including:
a) Borderline Personalities
b) Narcissistic Personalities, etc
· Parental Guidance and Family Therapy:
· Play Therapy & Sand- Tray Therapy:
· Pain control Techniques:
· Management of Emotions and Trauma Coaching:
· Hypnotherapy and Hypno-Analysis: (Here I follow a Christian approach that I rather call Inner Healing)
The technique and approach of choice will depend on the specific client and his specific problem.
I follow a holistic approach of Mind & Body and work with adults & children.
· Marriage and Relationships.
· Sex Therapy.
· Parent- child and family relationships and problems specific to childhood.
· Note: We do Dating and Relationships Coaching
(Please see “Thoughts” on Website)
Emotional problems: (adults & children):
· Stress, anxiety, panic and phobias;
· Trauma (P.T.S.D.) and losses,
· Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
Serious psychological disturbances like:
· Personality disorders;
· Borderline Personality disorders;
· Narcissistic Personality disorders;
· Multiple Personality (dissociative disorders)
· Serious childhood trauma
Addictions & Habits:
· Smoking, etc.
Personal growth and personality development.
If there are any errors in the above information, please notify us via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
www.sadoctors.co.za - South Africa's premier interactive site for all medical doctors, specialists, dentists, psychologists, hospitals, clinics and allied medical services in Cape Town, Western Cape, Johannesburg and Pretoria, Gauteng, Durban, KZN and the rest of South Africa.
This portal is available at the following addresses: www.capetowndoctors.co.za, www.sadoctors.co.za, www.southafricadoctors.co.za, www.kzndoctors.co.za, www.gautengdoctors.co.za, www.southafricamedical.co.za, www.southafricamedicalspecialists.co.za, www.samedicalspecialist.co.za, www.sahospitals.co.za, www.southafricahospitals.co.za.