||Rondebosch, Cape Town
||Amanda Went, Red Cross Children’s Hospital, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa
||Amanda Went, Red Cross Children’s Hospital, Rondebosch, 7700, Cape Town, South Africa
||+27 (0)21 658 5035
||+27 (0)21 406 5544
The Diabetes Education Society of South Africa (DESSA)
The primary goal of diabetes management is to improve and maintain the quality of life for the person with diabetes.
Diabetes Education is vital to the management of diabetes. It is integral to effective self-care, and has been shown to be effective in decreasing the complications in both the short and long term.
Diabetes Education is preventative in nature and associated with significant cost benefit when delivered in an effective manner.
To achieve its objectives and fulfil its role as advisory body the Diabetes Education Society of South Africa acts within its Mission Statement:
- To demonstrate leadership in diabetes education.
- To provide access to expertise in diabetes education to individuals with diabetes, their families, the community, and health professionals.
- To strive toward the incorporation of diabetes education into the National Health Policy.
- To support the development of culturally relevant educational strategies.
- To develop standards for diabetes education.
- To contribute to knowledge and research related to diabetes education.
|If there are any errors in the above information, please notify us via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org